Sometime time ago, my friend’s account was blocked and he had requested me to unlock it. His facebook account was showing the error as “Please Verify Your Identity”. I had no idea how to unlock it as i’ve never encountered the problem before but after some tinkering i found these two ways by which you can verify your facebook profile for identity.
I followed these steps to unlock it – Facebook has provided a nice and easy way of recognizing profile pictures of your friend’s to verify your identity. It’s a 3 step process and if you don’t recognize any of your friends you can skip that step and a new set of photos will be presented, this can be done only 2 times.
But what if you can’t identify your friend’s DP’s (Display Pictures) at all, there’s an alternate method.
Alternative To Facebook Photo Verification :-
To unblock your account alternatively, you have to upload a valid scanned proof identity to Facebook. To do so, follow the steps :
- First log-in to your Facebook account.
- Now a warning will be displayed like – ‘Please Verify Your Identity‘.
- Click on Continue.
- Then, a set of CAPTCHA letters will be displayed, type it as it is and click on Continue.
- Now, a new page will appear asking to you to complete a security check, click on Start.
- Pictures of your friends will appear at the next screen, try to identify them correctly. If successful your account will be unblocked but if not, continue.
- Now, click on ‘I’m Having Trouble With This Method‘.
- Then click on, ‘Submit A Request’.
- On the next page, fill your name as Facebook ID.
- Choose the scanned ID to upload.
- Enter the country name in which ID was issued.
- Now just click on Send.